Bob was the President of the Booster Club 1959 and 1960. He was named the Sportsman of the Year 1965. His lifelong passion and enduring legacy was his commitment to promote and develop grass roots sports. He passed away in 2011. In recognition of his support of youth athletes, the Calgary Booster Club will provide awards of up to $1000 to youth athletes up to the age of 16 years old. In addition, the Calgary Booster Club will choose one organization each year and will provide financial support up to $15,000. The requirements for the individual and organizational awards are listed below.
Eligibility Requirements for Individual Awards Application: Deadline Friday, March 1, 2019
- Calgary resident, or training within the City of Calgary municipal limits
- 16 years old or younger as of Friday, March 1, 2019
- Demonstrated success in a sport, that has at least a provincial and national competition structure
- Financial need will be taken into consideration
- Bob Freeze sport grants will be awarded annually in March
- All applications must be complete and submitted by Friday, March 1, 2019. A complete application will include the application form, a letter from the applicant's coach and letter from the applicant's parent/guardian. Incomplete applications may be declined. Applications can be submitted electronically by email, or by mail (postmarked by Friday, March 1, 2019).
Requirements for Organization Application:
- The Calgary Booster Club will accept applications from organizations who are providing an initiative that supports youth athletes on a far-reaching basis. Ideally, this initiative would be multi-sport.
- The organization must be based in Calgary
- The Calgary Booster Club will select up to three organizations to present to the Directors. One organization will be selected for the award.